Thursday, April 17, 2008

drilling

Everyone hates the dentist...at least a little bit. I tend to hate them more than most. I had the worst dentist a child could ask for early in life, and ever since, the mere mention of going to the dentist makes my stomach turn. My fear of going to the dentist has helped me build up an enormous bill, and I still have more work that needs to get done. I have been avoiding a root canal for 4 months. I finally bit the bullet, found a new dentist here in town, and tried not to throw up on my way to the office yesterday. I am a snob when it comes to dentists, if it doesn't look like they've spent a mint making the office pretty, I'm not going in. This guy, fits my bill for snobby.

So, after all is said and done, I didn't feel a thing, which makes me a very happy camper. Even better, when the novacaine wore off, my tooth didn't hurt. It was what happened at around 8:30 last night that shocked me most about my dental experience. My phone rang, it was the dentist calling me from his home to see if I was feeling ok. Any doctor that calls after a visit wins points in my book, but a dentist...oh yeah, he's getting all sorts of referrals through me.

I go back today for a regular exam and to schedule any other work that needs to be done. For the first time in years, I don't feel sick thinking about going to the dentist.

No comments: