Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I tried

When a moving company comes in to pack your house, you try to clean up a bit and not look like total slobs. The funny thing about the moving company we used, is that they packed everything. Literally, everything, even things we had planned on getting rid of. Being an adult, I have some books. I'll let you figure out what kinds of books they were, but suffice to say that many of them have pictures, and no, I'm not talking about Dr. Seuss. Initially they were tucked away in a TV cabinet. I thought I would prevent some bright red faces on the kind gentlemen who packed our house and move the books. I had figured that if I put the books in my dresser, that they would be tucked away and left unseen. Afterall, it's a moving company, they would just carry the dresser clothes and all out the door right? Um, not so much with these guys. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when they opened those drawers. I can't help but laugh at the whole situation. We had been wise enough to make sure that other things had been pre-packed and taken with is. You know, tax forms, personal items like photos, and toys.

Oh well, I'm sure we made for great conversation during the long drive cross country for those boys.

No comments: