Friday, June 13, 2008

Bon Voyage

I leave Cleveland today to head home.  I have had many thoughts about what home means, and I once thought Ohio would always be home for me.  The house I grew up in as a child is up for sale, and it is in deplorable condition.  I had to laugh when it was discovered that in a matter of two years, it will be registered as a historical home and a special permit is required to tear it down.  It should have been wrecked long before I ever lived in it.

I enjoyed seeing my dear friends, as they are missed daily in Colorado.  I have a long list of things I want to accomplish once I return, and I look forward to the work.  I can't say that I will miss Ohio, but I will miss the loved ones I have here.  I hope that one by one they will come to visit.  Being here has shown me that my future is bright, but that bright future involves mountains, wildlife, and a family that I cherish.  

No comments: