Monday, March 3, 2008

I Remember You

I was reminded this evening while watching another one of my TV addictions, of how important music has been in my life. On any given day, a few notes will spark a memory of a time in my life, good or bad. Whether an ex, a crush, a friend, whatever the case may be, some songs will automatically take me to a different time.

In no particular order...
Cher - Believe...Kate, the blue truck, and YSU.
Skid Row - I Remember you...Hope, middle school, and angst.
AC/DC - You Shook me...Sarah Edwards
Captain and Tenile - Love will keep us together...Kellie
Dirty Vegas - Days go by...Ivy
Indigo Girls - Power of Two...Angie
NIN - Closer...John, and my senior prom and his black pick-up truck (not for that reason)
Weird Al any song...my brother Steve
Phil Collins...my brother Pete
Simply Red...my dear old mom (happy birthday mom)
Hanson, Michelle...and the night she met her husbands

There are a million more memories, and many more songs...except for perhaps one person.

Breda, you get no song, just bad poetry, my freshman year, and the library. You have said you aren't a music person, but it is your persistance that has gotten my words. You, this blog, and a lifetime of friendship.

2 comments:

breda said...

Oh, stop it. You know I cry at everything!

(but thank you) =)

MKB said...

You know I heard believe on the radio somewhere the other day and I was just thinking about us listening to it and being fabulous in the Crandall house and Blue Truckie-poo...