Friday, March 28, 2008

So long Uncle George

When I was a kid, every Christmas we would get together at my aunt's house for food and family. Over the years my father's side of the family didn't grow apart per se, but I don't know as we were ever super close. The last time I saw the bulk of my family in one place was during a family reunion when I was in my early 20's. It was nice to see that whole side of the family together. It seems that the family will all be getting together again this week...my Uncle George passed. He was 78, and while I haven't seen him in 10 years...it still sucks.

Until today, I never knew anyone in my family to pass. My grandparents all died before I was born. My head doesn't even know how to process things at this point. Sitting here at work, everyone with their petty bs is just unreal to me.

The notice says the services are private, I have no clue what that means. I can't be in town for any funeral or service...at least not physically. The weather out here is gloomy and cold, very much like Cleveland. I'm there in spirit.

1 comment:

breda said...

aw, I'm sorry, Lydia.